But Was It a Radioactive, Genetically-Engineered Spider?

So, I was in Maui last week. It was lovely. A bad week in Maui could trump a good week most other places, I think. I did find Maui to be a little bitey, though.

Radioactive genetically engineered spider bite

I didn’t see the biter, but it looks like an odd bite to me. So I told Steve I thought there was a decent chance he was about to married to a super hero. He asked if my spidey-sense was tingling, but after locating my spidey-sense, I still couldn’t decide whether it was tingling or not. Then again, what if it wasn’t a spider? Maybe it was a radioactive, genetically-engineered mosquito and I’m checking the wrong sense for tingles. Although, despite hating spiders, I do think I would prefer to be a spider-based super hero than a mosquito one. Or, God forbid, a bed bug.

This post got weird fast. Anyway, I think there’s a chance I could be one of the Avengers in a few months. Like one of the freaky-deaky ones – not one of the ones that are just really good at shit. Although I’d settle for being that kind, too.

I’ll leave you with this sexy picture of Maui. Lest you think it’s all about the spiders.

IMG_20141027_113103_638Aloha.

Advertisements

23 comments for “But Was It a Radioactive, Genetically-Engineered Spider?

1. October 30, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Ouch! Looks painful!

• October 30, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Yet totally worth it if it means I can climb up the side of buildings. Cause that seems like a useful talent to have. You know, just in case the occasion calls for it.

2. October 30, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Loved Maui… just went there for our anniversary… and didn’t get bitten or stung once!

• October 30, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Well, not everyone is cut out to be a super hero.

• October 30, 2014 at 5:25 pm

I was really thinking it was more due to the fact that bugs just don’t think I taste good… sigh…

• October 30, 2014 at 5:28 pm

hahahaha. I do wish I had that problem. I’m still recovering from the Memorial Day Mosquito Incident of 2014.

• October 30, 2014 at 5:31 pm

I did have a small spider bite me on the lip when I took a drink of cold tea once… he was in there swimming.

• October 30, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Ew. I think I’d take the bite over accidentally eating him.

• October 30, 2014 at 5:42 pm

I didn’t eat him… he tried to eat me…

3. October 30, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Lovely pic of Maui! Painful pic of finger. I wonder if it’s bad to be bitten so close to Halloween……beware the full moon when it comes…..

• October 30, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Hm. You raise an interesting alternative to my super hero theory. Maybe it was a wolf spider 😉

4. markquinn7
    October 31, 2014 at 3:10 am

Erin [ouch!, you were in the Maw-ui of the spider?] It was great to see a post on your blog again! Spiderman was my all-time favorite superhero when I was a kid. And as an adult, I have awful vertigo. Where does Verti Go but DOWN?…and I HATE spiders. When my late girlfriend Alice was alive, I used to kill spiders for her. It was okay because MOST of these were wimpy little spiders. She was still scared of them. She was afraid of one of the symbols on her keyboard because it reminded her of a little spider…I saw an insect — it looked like a HUGE millipede — that was in our garage that trumped my arachnophobia, and you have to REALLY go over the top to do that!

• October 31, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Thanks! Yeah…I’ve been a little low on creativity the last few weeks 😉 I hate spiders, too, but love Spiderman. But the worst part of any Spiderman movie? When he gets bit, right? Not sure where you are geographically, but we get things called “House Centipedes” and they universally trump arachnophobia in our household! Don’t even care that they are technically “good” insects because they eat other insects…they are so creepy!

• markquinn7
        November 5, 2014 at 11:52 pm

Erin: Birds eat insects. Beautiful birds — hmm. No contest. 😉 I don’t know what — specifically is is the all-out WORST feature of these centipedes. Hmm. Centipedes — how do I count the ways you creep me out? 😉

5. November 5, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Hahahaha! Welcome to avengers, We’ve been looking for you.

• November 5, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I knew it! I knew I didn’t have these cat-like reflexes and perfect situational awareness for nothing. 😉

• November 5, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Though we don’t actually hire spiderman/woman ( ask Andrew Garfield and Tobby Mcguire about it) but I guess it’s high time we do. So, welcome again.

• November 5, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Lol. Yeah. Stupid Sony. Time to go over their heads, anyway.

6. November 5, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Did you ever see, The Tick? You could start chanting war cries like, “SPOOOOOOOON!!!”

• November 5, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I’ve never seen The Tick. Could “AVOCADOOO” be my war cry?

• November 5, 2014 at 9:20 pm

It’s a lot of syllables for a war cry. Stick to the monosyllabic. And watch an episode of the cartoon version of the Tick

7. November 6, 2014 at 10:41 am

Haha! Spider lady it is… climbing walls, puking webs… s’all good. Just another day in spandex heaven. 🙂 Thank you for visiting my site and for your followship, Erin! Love your first post, by the way… good going. Plus, I think I took a nap in that hammock back in 1997. Are my initials still in the palm tree? 🙂 xx Mother Hen

• November 6, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Not sure I can pull off the spandex, but the vigilante thing I was born for 😉 And well done – everyone should nap in that hammock at least once in their life.