I’d like to thank Heather for the nomination that comes with a homework assignment. Just kidding. Sort of.
I don’t know how inspiring I actually am when the only uplifting thing I’ve written had to do with my goal of emulating my dogs’ blasé attitude. But, what the hell. I’ll play along. (And thanks for thinking of me, Heather 🙂 )
So, I know nothing about this, but apparently I’m supposed to give 7 facts about me:
- I’m 5′ 10″ but was never coordinated enough to play any tall-girl sports.
- Until I was about 19, I made everyone refer to my hair color as “strawberry blonde” because I refused to be called a redhead (now I embrace all my gingery splendor).
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. (Binge on horror movies AND dress up like a super hero? Yes, please.)
- The theme song for the TV show, “Angel,” is the ringtone on my phone.
- I played a hooker in a less-than-B movie about 16 years ago.
- My favorite book is A Tale of Two Cities (despite hating it in high school when we were forced to read it…thank God I re-read it as an adult).
- I have a useless, irrational phobia of mosquito hawks. (But they’re harmless! They eat mosquitos! No shit, Sherlock. They are also creepy and terrifying…and I’m pretty sure they can smell my fear.)
Okay – and part deux – I pass along the
homework assignment nomination to bloggers I find inspiring. Problem is, as a general rule, I don’t follow “inspiring” bloggers…I follow funny ones. So here is my list of bloggers inspiring me to keep up my attempts at humor:
Truth Shall Set You Free So Don’t Be a Crybaby. Just the name is glorious. But her posts are, too.
Gone Catawampus. Really genuinely funny stuff. She even has a funny post about death. That is talent.
Sparklebumpsthebookwhore. She’s inappropriate and hilarious. The perfect combination.
Jonas Lee’s Imaginarium. Okay…he’s nicer than the rest of us and the closest I have to “inspiring” (mostly because he lets me call him “Avocado”).
Laughing Coyote Productions. Just found Deb a couple of days ago and was dazzled by this post where she explains the importance of lying in your biography. And somehow God passes her a note from the window of his truck on a busy thoroughfare. Delightful.
Idiot-prufs. Start with this post about a rejection from a children’s book publisher. It’s hilarious.
Underachiver’s Blog. No, I didn’t misspell it – that’s the way she’s got it. And this post is inspiring…when she says something does taste better than skinny feels…and that in her world Prince Charming likes a woman with a good backside.
Yes, I’m think I’m supposed to list more, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. I am always on the lookout for hilarious bloggers that make me LOL in inappropriate situations, though, so if you know of more, share!