So, this doll over at The Pretty Platform nominated me for an award. No, seriously. Look how cute this girl is.
Right? Adorable. So, Elke, because you’re too cute to say no to, I accept 😉
Okay. Here are the rules!
As I accept this nomination, the following must be accomplished:
- If there was a book written about you, what would it be titled? At Least She Meant Well.
- If you could go back to any age in your life, which would it be, and why? Well, I have made splendidly horrendous mistakes at every stage of my life, so I wouldn’t say I had any desirable “stage.” And I’m 42 now but have never minded the journey of getting older so there isn’t a younger age I’d want to be. That leaves the obvious – I would go back to any time prior to December 15, 2014 when I still had my mom and best friend. That was all the best stage.
- What single accomplishment are you most proud of? I’m proud of my three as-yet-unpublished novels. Because I never quit. Even when I came so close the first time only to suffer a huge disappointment – I just moved on to the next book. Full-time job, kids, law school – didn’t matter. A writer writes.
- Country living or city living? Suburb living looking to escape to the country. I want chickens. And a goat.
- What’s your favorite joke? Do tell. The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
- Are you an ugly or pretty crier? I’ve actually become an expert in the matter. I’ve got the pretty cry, the ugly one, the rogue-tear one, the cry-till-you’re-hoarse one, and the I-swear-to-god-I-seriously-need-to-stop-crying one.
- If you could donate money to one cause, to one organization, which would it be? St. Jude’s Hospital. Anything for children. And it was my mom’s favorite.
- What do you think should be taught in schools today that isn’t already? I’m not a huge proponent of shock value, but after I saw “American History X,” I thought it should be shown in high schools. With all the language, violence and hard R rating intact. I don’t know that I’ve seen another movie that more accurately embodies the futility and tragedy of hatred more than that movie.
- How do you like your steak cooked? I don’t remember. Haven’t had a steak in about 33 years.
- What vacation spot did you enjoy the most? That’s tough. I love love love to travel. I guess I would say Blarney Castle in Ireland. Sad that it’s only known for kissing that nasty stone. The grounds are so beautiful, I could have stayed for a year.
The Questions for the Nominees
- What are you most afraid of?
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
- What is your favorite book?
- Now what is your real favorite book that that doesn’t make you look as intellectual as your answer in number 3?
- If you could trade places with any currently living celebrity, who would it be?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is your favorite Pixar movie?
- What is the most impulsive thing you’ve ever done?
- What is your favorite genre of food?
- Who is your favorite Disney princess?
- Gone Catawampus – love love love these girls. Sorry to be redundant, cause I’ve nominated them for stuff before, but they never disappoint.
- Never Trust a Jellyfish – just the name makes me smile. As do most of her posts.
- Heather Christena Schmidt – Love her humor and honesty.
- The Stay at Home Philosopher – Quirky and clever. And I love quirky.
- Hacker. Ninja. Hooker. Spy. – AKA Aussa Lorens. Okay. She’s kind of a big deal and this is not news, but she’s just so damn funny.
- Some Offense Intended – because offensive is funny if you’re smart.
- Have You Seen My Glass Slipper? – because Kay is way more clever than I was at 18.
So, thanks to the lovely Elke. And I apologize to my nominees for the homework assignment.